Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Preschool + Storytime Books

The following books are books that I recommend for storytime for preschoolers and early elementary students.  I have tested them myself in storytimes with children ages 3-5, and they have proved to be engaging and fun.


*Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad, Day by Judith Viorst


Baby Bird by Joyce Dunbar


Big Bear Hug by Nicholas Oldland


*Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina


Click, Clack, Moo by Doreen Cronin


Clocks and More Clocks by Pat Hutchins


The Fantastic Mr. Wani by Kanako Usai


Giggle, Giggle, Quack by Doreen Cronin


I Am the Best! by Lucy Cousins


*Ira Sleeps Over by Waber


It’s My Birthday by Pat Hutchins


Kitten’s First Full Moon by Kevin Henkes


*Leonardo the Monster by Mo Willems


Mostly Monsterly by Scott Magoon and and Tammy Sauer


My Garden by Kevin Henkes


Not Last Night, But the Night Before by Colin McNaughton


Not a Box by Antoinette Portis
 
*Denotes personal favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment